HEADS UP: Ports are not ready for CFLAGS=-O2 in 6.0

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 4 02:25:33 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 03:53 +0200, Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Monday 4 July 2005 03:39, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > Is that to say, then, that ports will build and run safely if you use
> > > CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -fno-strict-alias?
> >
> > As per the quoted thread from last year, and the default CFLAGS
> > settings, yes :-)
>
> Barring any time machine bugs (in such cases you MAY be stuck in a
> singularity).
>
> Either way your warranty is probably void. Sorry, we told you. Like a year
> ago.

In any case, there's always

.if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/*}
CFLAGS = ... # or should it be := ?
.endif

in /etc/make.conf if something similar comes up in the future.

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH