Anybody else have an xscreensaver build break?

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at insightbb.com
Sun Jul 3 15:38:40 GMT 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 11:13 am, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> On Sunday 03 July 2005 07:22 am, Simon Barner wrote:
> > Steve Friedrich wrote:
> > > Actually, I found several errors that mostly had to do with declaring
> > > variables after code.  In C++, this is legal, in C it's not.
> > >
> > > I could send you the antmaze.c I patched.  I have no idea how to create
> > > the diff you guys usually use...
> >
> > man diff :-)
> >
> > More seriously:
> >
> > 1. Make a copy of the file to edit: cp file.c file.c.orig
> > 2. Make changes to file.c
> > 3. cd ${WRKSRC}, i.e. work/xscreensaver-x.y in your case
> > 4. patch -u path/to/file.c.orig path/to/file.c > patch-path_to_file.c
>
> I'm having trouble with > patch-path_to_file.c
>
> I tried patch -u hacks/glx/antmaze.c.orig hacks/glx/antmaze.c >
> patch-hacks/glx/antmaze.c
>
> and got:
>
> patch-hacks/glx/antmaze.c: No such file or directory.
>
> help?

I changed the /'s to _'s but then I get "Hmm...  I can't seem to find a patch
in there anywhere."

I looked at the man page for patch, but it's too complicated for today.  I'll
have to put this on hold.

Thanks for your help.
--
i386 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
There are 10 types of people in this world. Ones that understand binary and