postgresql-server installation does not respect old /usr/local/etc/periodic/daily/502.pgsql

Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 31 17:21:38 PST 2005

--On måndag, januari 31, 2005 13.53.31 +0100 Fritz Heinrichmeyer
<fritz.heinrichmeyer at fernuni-hagen.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> what the subject says is a "new style" in the freebsd ports system.
>
> How can i save my version of 502.pgsql?
>
> Is it supposed to use /periodic.conf as safe place for my local
> variables, i.e. backup directory?

Hi Fritz,

The new version of 502.pgsql, uses variables set in /etc/periodic.conf to
handle the stuff previously set in ~pgsql/.profile.

The tasks performed are identical, i.e. it vacuums all databases and makes
backups to a backup directory.

If you have made your own modifications to 502.pgsql and you want to keep
running it instead of the new installed version, I suggest you rename
something else, like 503.pgsql or whatever, and set
daily_pgsql_vacuum_enable="NO" in /etc/periodic.conf.

Please check the script for more info, it's header is pretty informative.

Best regards,
Palle