FreeBSD Port: foomatic-filters-3.0.2

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri Jan 28 04:15:13 PST 2005

On Friday, 28. January 2005 12:57, Jonathan Weiss wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I just saw that you commited a foomatic-filters port.
> Maybe you can have a look at ports/76249. This is a more complex port for
> foomatic-filters that also registers itself as a cups-filter if cups is
> present.

All the exists(foo) checking is rather bad style, I'd like to keep that out of
the port (the package will install all the bits into the right locations in
my port, but not pull in any runtime dependencies - if the user needs a file
conversion filter, he can just add the package).

I'll add the cups-filter bit, I assumed foomatic-filters would do that
automatically but apparently it doesn't.

In what scenario is fdescfs needed to work properly? I've been using
foomatic-rip / foomatic-gswrapper on my own systems for a while now without
fdescfs and didn't have problems.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org