Gimp-2.2.2 wants freetype-2.1.7; but I already have ?!?!

spam maps spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 00:30:31 PST 2005

--- Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 11:44:26PM -0800, spam maps
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have:
> >   gimp-2.2.2,1
> >   freetype2-2.1.7_4
> >
> > When I start gimp, I get a dialog that says:
> >
> >    FreeType too old!
> >    The GIMP requires FreeType version 2.1.7 or
> later.
> >    Installed FreeType version is 2.1.4.
> >
> >    Somehow you or your software packager managed
> >    to install The GIMP with an older FreeType
> version.
> >
> >    Please upgrade to FreeType version 2.1.7 or
> later.
> >
> > What the hack is going on here?
> > I have FreeType 2.1.7, but Gimp doesn't want to
> see
> > it?
>
> Do you have other old freetype files installed?
> Check with pkg_which
> (in the portupgrade package) - see the manpage.

Sorry, but I can't make any sense of manpage of
pkg_which, at least for solving my problem.
But maybe this is what you want to know:

 # pkg_info | grep -i freetype
 freetype2-2.1.7_4   A free and portable TrueType....

That's all there is!

I have deleted freetype2 and gimp; reinstalled
both again, but I get the same complaint by gimp.

I even created a brandnew user on my system, to
avoid settings in my homdir; same problem.

Gimp keeps complaining on seeing only freetype 2.1.4.

Gosh, I'm getting quite desperate.

Thanks for help,
Rob.