HEADSUP: xfce 4.2.0 commit scheduled on 26-01-2005

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Sat Jan 22 16:39:48 PST 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 10:09 pm, Oliver Lehmann
<lehmann at ans-netz.de> wrote:
> looks like the CC files is limited for getting posted on ports at ... so
> everyone who got the message twice in the past: sorry
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm about to commit the xfce 4.2.0 update on 26-01-2005. The patch I
> probably commit (depends on the feedback ;) can be found here:
> 	http://pofo.de/tmp/patch-xfce4 (~600kB)
> I made it against a fresh cvs checkout. To apply it, be shure you
> didn't applied an older version of that patch before. If so, make a
> clean checkout first.
> It would be nice if you test the stuff. Any feedback is welcome. I
> compiled it for my own on a 05-11-2004 CURRENT, and compiled+running
> it on 4.11-RC2 both i386.
> I bumped all xfcegui4-lib dependencies I was able to find, and also
> bumped PORTREVISION of the affected ports because they need to be
> recompiled against the new library.
> If you are one of the plugin-maintainers and your plugin-port stops
> working with xfce 4.2.0, just send me a patch which updates the port
> to a version which will work with 4.2.0. But please refrain from
> sending me patches if the port won't stop working after xfce 4.2.0 is
> there. (for normal updates, send a PR after the mass commit is done)
>
> port's I'll remove:
> 	x11-fm/xfce4-fm-icons
> 	misc/xfce4-panel-themes
>
> new ports:
> 	misc/xfce4-appfinder
> 	x11-themes/xfce4-icon-theme
>
> removed files:
> 	x11-wm/xfce4-session/files/patch-shutdown.c
>
> grabbing maintainership:
> 	x11-wm/xfce4-session		# approved
>
> plugin PORTVERSION updates:
> 	x11/xfce4-trigger-launcher	# approved

w00t!

Sorry it took so long for me to test this, but I'm still learning about
patches. In any event, once I figured it out it worked without a hitch,
although just about all the plugin modules also have to be rebuilt
(those which aren't in the x11-wm/xfce install or in ports).
Fortunately, this is as simple as downloading the
tarballs, ./configure, etc., and it has nothing to do with your patch.

Thanks very much for the work, Oliver, as personally I've been
anticipating the new xfce release for a while ;)

- jt