Why does everybody switch to dynamic plists?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 21 20:04:31 PST 2005

Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net> writes:

> All of these could easily be handled by storing the generated plists
> from the ports cluster.  That would also handle PLIST_FILE and
> PLIST_DIRS which I use a lot for small ports.

These still don't catch port WITH_* options that can be grepped in terms
of files from a static pkg-plist.

OK, PORTDOCS=* is a real killer option but DOCSDIR is a port-specific
directory so collision arguments don't hold.

*Sometimes* static pkg-plists are just too large.
Look at the mail/cone port.

--
Matthias Andree