Respuesta: Installing linux_base-8 fails

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at insightbb.com
Thu Jan 20 08:10:39 PST 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 08:45 pm, you wrote:
> [...]

I'm running FreeBSD 4.11, last built on Jan 15th.  I am running on a 2.4GHz
Intel P4 on an ASUS P4T-533 moboard.

My actual goal is to get firefox java-enabled. To that end, I wanted to
install a native Java and I had to use the linux java in order to do it.
After my failure to install linux_base-8, I installed linux_base (7
something) and then tried to use the procedure in UPDATING to update to
linux_base-8, but it fails. I was however, able to then install the native
JDK1.4.2p7.  So I now have a JRE installed.

But firefox still isn't java-enabled (probably needs a plug-in that doesn't
exist yet).

But on the positive side, I have a JDK installed and can now get some use from
the 9 java books I bought from O'Reilly!! 8o)