FreeBSD Port: netscape48-communicator-4.8

Parv parv at pair.com
Mon Jan 17 18:42:28 PST 2005

in message <41EB54DB.2090207 at ieee.org>,
wrote Don Thomas thusly...

> I just upgraded my system and Netscape was removed....  Can you
> tell me how I can restore it so I can retrive the data?  I need to
> restore netscape so I can get access to my mail and address book.

If you are use (or can use, depending upon desperation), update your
ports' cvsup file to have at the end ...

  #  Netscape 4 (Linux version) was laid to rest due to "Remove all netscape
  #  ports with a vulnerability of JRE."  See ...
  #  http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doctype=coll&doc=secbull/218&type=0&nav=sec.sba
  *default date=2002.11.16.00.00.00
  ports-base
  ports-www

... then go to your favourite netscape port's directory &
install/import/export data.

  - Parv