Removing net/arla

Rasmus Kaj kaj at kth.se
Mon Jan 17 07:55:44 PST 2005

 GG> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:22:05AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

 GG> Oops, could have thought of hier(7). What is "the mtree local
 GG> file"? (my PR does not have the word in it).

Directories created by mtree, as specified in mtree(8) and listed in
/etc/mtree/BSD.local.dist .  Most (if not all) lines like

@unexec rmdir %D/foo 2>/dev/null || true

are for such directories, and should not be in the pkg-plist.

Chapter 19, Automated package list creation, in the porters handbook
describe a way to find out what files are actually created by the port
itself and not by the mtree:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-autoplist.html

--
 \            Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?