HEADS UP: pkg-plist strict enforcement starting

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Fri Jan 14 06:21:32 PST 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:02:50 +0300
Sergey Matveychuk <sem at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> What port are you talking about?

It's BitDefender Antivirus I have to port on FreeBSD. The architecture
and behaviour is similar to Linux version. Besides creating the
configuration files at install time from generic .dist files, it also
creates new files (especially AV definition and signature files), along
with modifying existing ones. A typical situation:
A new AV engine is created and the decision is to put the detection code
in a new file, which was not present in the system after install.
Obviously the file was not registered at install so I can not delete it
when deinstalling (I have no idea of the filename, size, md5). Therefore
the file will be left as is after install, leading to a broken port.

> And why it's a bad thought for you to remove files if they are not
> changed.

I did not mean that, it's common sense to delete them if they have not
changed.

--
Adrian Pircalabu

Public KeyID = 0xF902393A