Skype problems

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Jan 13 14:02:17 PST 2005

Quoting Derrick Edwards <dantavious at comcast.net>:

> 	Hi,
> I would like to know if skype is freezing and restarting X after you launch
> it. I have been having this problem for about a week. I was already using
> linux_base 8 but I went ahead and  "portupgrade -rf emulators/linux_base-8".
> Any ideas,
> Derrick

Skype works perfectly here with:

skype-0.92.0.12_1:

with the following dependencies installed:

linux_base-8-8.0_4
libiconv-1.9.2_1
gettext-0.14.1
linux-expat-1.95.5_2
popt-1.7
rpm-3.0.6_9
linux-fontconfig-2.1_2
linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_1

Running with:

xorg-6.8.1 and kde-3.3.2

All up to date, I think, on current from yesterday.  Actually, I've never had
skype crash or crash anything else.  I've been using it for almost six months.
Hopefully some of this info will help you find the problem.

Good luck,

ed