HEADS UP: pkg-plist strict enforcement starting

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Jan 13 09:56:20 PST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > How do you treat an upgrade? Both Munin ports need to conserve state.
> > And they can only do that by leaving symlinks and files behind.
>
> There's got to be some way to handle the somewhat different
> configuration needs of this port in a way compatible with the
> requirements imposed on the rest of the ports collection, but I don't
> have time to think about it right now.

My suggestion is that we mark this port IGNORE for now to keep it
out of our error reports, to allow us to concentrate on fixing as
many of the other problematic ports as possible.

About a month ago I went through all the IGNOREd ports and there is
some further work to be done on some of them but IMHO at a lower
priority than BROKEN/DEPRECATED issues.  Moving (almost) all of the
non-plist-compliant ports into the BROKEN/DEPRECATED space is a big
change; I doubt we can catch every edge condition as we do so.

mcl