Digikam broken? Mutex lock failure

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 12 06:20:38 PST 2005

Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:22:08AM +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:
>> digikam-0.7
>>
>> FreeBSD redshift 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Wed Dec 22 13:16:53
>> GMT 2004     mark at redshift:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/REDSHIFT  i386
>>
>> When I select my camera, Canon Powershot A70, from the Camera menu I get
>> these errors:
>>
>> Mutex lock failure: Resource deadlock avoided
>> Mutex unlock failure: Operation not permitted
>>
>> This used to work with previous versions of FreeBSD 5.x and digikam
>> although I don't know when it stopped working.
>>
>> I can't find a PR for this so I'm guessing it may be something specific
>> to my system.
>>
>> Can anyone shed any light on this please?
>
> Well, it seems to be more general: I have a similar problem here.
> (5.3-RELEASE-p2/amd64)
>
> The errors are a bit different:
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: Undefined symbol
> "pthread_attr_init"
> Mutex destroy failure: Device busy
> ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 58057, errno = 2

Francois,

I don't know if you've got digikam working yet but I found this
<http://frontrangebsd.org/pipermail/kde-freebsd/2004-December/009990.html>
which should fix it for you - just need to cvsup your ports tree and
rebuild.

It got rid of the mutex errors for me but I still get "Can't connect to
camera" in digikam itself :-(

I hope you have better luck!

Regards,

Mark