Makeing fetchindex really mirror INDEX

Tue Jan 11 01:38:59 PST 2005

Zitat von Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com>:

> I would be extremely happy if we could have the INDEX-* file and all
> associated things be able to use some other dir that PORTSDIR. This way
> I could export /usr/ports over NFS and be able to build the INDEX
> locally on each client. Is this already possible and I am missing it ?

To generate the index you use the index target. We don't touch it with
our patches. The fetchindex target fetches the already generated index.
To have a consistent ports tree you should use the fetchindex target
together with the update target, so I don't see where it would make sense
to support a read-only ports tree in the fetchindex target.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net/     Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7