FreeBSD Port: pecl-fileinfo-0.2

Donald J. O'Neill donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 10 06:16:47 PST 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 03:01 am, Michael Rubin wrote:
> I will not ask you another question after this email. But I am going
>to ask you one more. :-)

I don't think this is a true statement. You're probably going to
need/want to ask a lot of questions as you find out what it is you need
to do.

> I did a uname -a and found out I was mistaken. I am running:
>  > -> uname -a
>  > FreeBSD firstgear.neverthere.org 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
>  > #0:
>
> Fri Nov  5 04:19:18 UTC 2004
>
>  > root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>
> On the FreeBSD website I don't see a 5.3-STABLE I only see a 5.3
> RELEASE.
>

> If there is a RTFM I am not doing please feel free to reply with
> RTFM, or point me to the place to get 5.3 STABLE.

Yes, there are. You want to look at the handbook, I would go here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

Read chapter 8, 19 and Appendicies A5 and A6. Also, /usr/src/UPDATING
and /usr/ports/UPDATING.

> Thanks again for your time,
>
> Michael Rubin
>
> On Jan 9, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > You need to update to 5.3-STABLE.
> >
> > Kris

Hello Michael,

Kris said you need to update to 5.3-STABLE. To do that there are some
things you're going to need to learn about. In particular, cvsup,
sup-files, and what to do then.

To get cvsup installed, if you haven't done it yet, the easiest way
would be:
	pkg_add -r cvsup

Can you connect to the Internet using your FBSD box? I looked at the
headers on your email and noticed Apple Mail.

Are you using a dial-up connection or broadband?

Don

--
Donald J. O'Neill
donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm