[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD ports scheduled for removal

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Jan 9 22:57:59 PST 2005

On 9 Jan 2005, Rasmus Kaj wrote:

> I'm willing to submit a new version of the Arla port, but I would very
> much like to see ports/74113, heimdal upgrade from 0.6.1 to 0.6.3, be
> commited first.

One of the things that Kris and I try to do it to avoid removing ports
that have PRs filed against them (I think I missed, once, though).

My preference would be that you go ahead and submit a PR but put in
the body that the other PR needs to be committed first.

My goal in instituting a procedure for ports removals was not to add
arbitrary hurdles to the port maintainers -- it was simply to have
some kind of process to say "if no one is ever going to use/fix broken
port XYZ again, let's get rid of it", so the ports collection stays
as useful as possible.

mcl