mpeg4ip requires IPv6?

Donald J. O'Neill donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 5 10:42:46 PST 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 07:11 am, Scott I. Remick wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:43:00 -0800, Brooks Davis wrote:
> >> Well I tried rebuilding mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 using portupgrade -f and
> >> then upgrading mpeg4ip again with portupgrade -f to no avail. I
> >> also tried doing a portupgrade -Rf on mpeg4ip which took quite
> >> some time but didn't fix it. Then I tried portupgrade -f on faad
> >> 2, then retried upgrading mpeg4ip. No go. So what do I try next?
> >
> > I don't know.  Are you still getting the same error messages?
>
> Here's where it's dying currently:

Scott,

Did you try following the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING? I haven't
seen any mention that you looked at it and tried to do it that way.

From /usr/ports/UPDATING:
20041111:
  AFFECTS: users of audio/faad, multimedia/mpeg4ip
  AUTHOR: lioux at FreeBSD.org

  mpeg4ip has been updated and broken down into 2 separate ports:
  mpeg4ip and mpeg4ip-libmp4v2. Furthermore, mpeg4ip now depends
  on faad. Moreover, faad now depends on mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 rather
  than on mpeg4ip which avoids a cyclic dependency (mpeg4ip depends
  on faad which depends on mpeg4ip).

  If any of the old ports are installed, mpeg4ip will not compile.
  Therefore,

  1) Remove old faad and mpeg4ip ports which conflict with new
  mpeg4ip

  pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/mpeg4ip*
  pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/faad*

  2) Install faad, mpeg4ip and mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 in the following
  order

  cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip-libmp4v2 && make install clean
  cd /usr/ports/audio/faad && make install clean
  cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mpeg4ip && make install clean

Don

--
Donald J. O'Neill
donaldj1066 at fastmail.fm