FreeBSD Port: awstats-6.2

Chris Stuart webmaster at lightningfire.net
Wed Jan 5 07:08:49 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Jan 2, 2005, at 6:36 PM, Joe Zeiler wrote:

> Could you fix the pkg-message, you are missing some / in the aliases,
> e.g. /awstatsclasses should be /awstats/classes:

This is actually setup exactly how it's meant to be, while not the
prettiest solution it is the one that the author supports. As you'll
see, that message is almost an exact duplicate from the install guide
from awstats, reference:
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_setup.html while I don't
agree with the method totally, I have done this due to a huge volume of
email asking for help setting up awstats. Most people that were asking
for support had or would read the install guide if pointed in that
direction, however the old port layout would never have worked in this
way. The only deviation from the authors, is the local file system
path, and that's only because it's not a good idea to install to
/usr/local, and there was no purpose to the wwwroot, except for nesting
even further in our setup.

I don't read a problem here, I assume this is a cosmetic fix request,
if there is a problem please give me details of it, and I'll look into
it.