Possibility of adding ports/74637: New port: news/klibido (GUI Usenet binaries downloader) in time for 4.11 release?

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 4 11:01:14 PST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 12:45:08PM -0600, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> [ Cc: to Bauno, author of klibido ]
>
> I originally submitted this new port (news/klibido, a Usenet
> binaries downloader with a very nice GUI and multi-server,
> multi-connections-per server capability) about a month ago.

[snip]

> I feel very strongly that klibido will make a very fine and worthwhile
> addition to the ports collection, and that it truly does fill a
> certain niche that no other program in the collection does in quite the
> same way.  Bottom line: this sucker is *fast* (what with its
> multi-server, multi-connection capability), and very easy to use.  Just
> the thing for any new users we may gain from the 4.11 release, as well
> as for current users looking for a binaries downloader comparable
> to those available for other platforms.

We are currently in ports freeze which means that only critical fixes
will be allowed in, no new features. As this is a new port, and thus a
new feature, it will not be allowed in the tree until after the freeze,
which hopefully will only last a couple of days more.

Cheers,
-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing      (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|    erwin at lansing.dk