FreeBSD Port: php4-extensions-1.0

vark vark at thegilmancompany.com
Mon Jan 3 23:58:38 GMT 2005

Hi,
  first thanks for the php ports!  I'm also new to FreeBSD.  I had an
issue with adding another option to the options menu for this port.  The
following  is the steps that I went through:

   1.    not knowing any better I reran a "make install clean distclean"
to add another option and got:

           ===>   php4-extensions-1.0 is already installed
              You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
              by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
              If you really wish to overwrite the old port of
lang/php4-extensions
             without deleting it first, set the variable
"FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
              in your environment or the "make install" command line.
          *** Error code 1

          which was good.

    2.    I did a "make deinstall" as suggested by the error.
    3.    I then the "make reinstall" but, never got the options menu to
come up.
    4.   "make deinstall" again.
    5.   "make install clean distclean", and again no options menu.
    6.    "make deinstall" again.
    7.   renamed /var/db/ports/php4-extensions to
/var/db/ports/old-php4-extensions
    8.   "make install clean distclean", this time got the menu options
screen and everything was good.

just wanted let you know. I'm not sure if  I went through the right
deinstall process and brought this problem on myself.  Again, thanks for
the ports.

-vark