Java Ports

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Jan 2 19:11:10 GMT 2005

Kris Kennaway <kris <at> obsecurity.org> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 05:37:49PM -0700, Sean Brown wrote:

> > and what's the problem with kaffe, which also isn't there.
>
> It doesn't compile on 5.x.  Talk to the software authors or port
> maintainer.

Sorry for catching up on this so late, I caught a glimpse of it via gmane.org.

Here is the current status on FreeBSD: After a bit of work, kaffe from CVS now
seems to build fine on 5.3 according to the tinderbox at
http://tinderbox.anholt.net/tinderbox3/showbuilds.pl?tree=kaffe and all the
regression tests pass. According to Eric Anholt, there is one remaining failing
regression test for the recent x86_64-freebsd port.

Other than ix86 and x86_64, I don't think kaffe has been ported to other freebsd
architectures (I don't see them in the CVS tree, if you have ported it, please
send in your patches). It shouldn't be too hard, though, Eric had the x86_64
port running during a few hours of IRC [1] conversation. ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] irc://irc.freenode.org/#kaffe