CALL FOR TESTERS: new candidate for libusb port

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Mon Feb 28 09:54:46 GMT 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:50:47AM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 04:57:09PM -0700, John Reynolds wrote:
> > Hello all, I know that I have been veeeeeeeeery slow in arriving at this
> > point. My life has been sucked away recently with a large project at work. Such
> > is "open source" ....
> >
> > But at long last I have devoted some cycles to updating the libusb port for
> > FreeBSD. However, since there has been such a long cycle between updates, and
> > many changes to the code I wanted to roll a binary package file and have people
> > test out with existing apps before I submitted the PR to have the port files
> > themselves changed.
> >
> > The version in the tree right now is 0.1.7. Johannes has released 0.1.10a just
> > a few weeks ago and it looks like it has many changes to the BSD code (with
> > what looks like some the integration of some patches which previously were
> > applied by the port itself).
> >
> > So, for those who enjoy libusb on a daily basis like me, can you please fetch
> > the following:
> >
> >   http://www.reynoldsnet.org/libusb-0.1.10a.tbz
>
> Wouldn't it be better if you provided a patch to the port as well, so
> people can build it on other releases of FreeBSD, e.g. 4.x? :)

Errr... this may have come out a bit too curt.  Thanks for your interest
in the libusb port, and thanks for doing the work on it!  Still... how
about also providing a patch? :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
This sentence claims to be an Epimenides paradox, but it is lying.