Thunderbird no longer viewing http URLs

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 25 07:46:14 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 22:51 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> El Miércoles, 23 de Febrero de 2005 21:50, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:
> > Jose M Rodriguez wrote:

> <snip/>
> > |
> > | The main problem is that, after the uri patch, if you have gconf2
> > | installed, the network.protocol-handler.app may don't work.
> >
> > I think it will if you set network.protocol-handler.external.http to
> > false, and network.protocol-handler.expose.http to true.
> >
> > | This is only used if mozilla apps can't read gnome registry, and
> > | I'm sure it doesn't work if you build with libgnomevf2 enabled.
> >
> > I think it will.
>
> Well, I may not test all the cases, but I test what you point without
> success.  Also, the code seems point that, if it can be read from gnome
> registry, this takes precedence about the .app setup.

No, I just tested this.  Even with GNOME installed, and the URI handler
patch, I was able to override my normal mailto handler of Evolution by
setting:

network.protocol-handler.external.mailto=true
network.protocol-handler.expose.mailto=true
network.protocol-handler.app.mailto=gvim

By reverting the settings to their default, Evo becomes my default
mailto handler once more.

> You must have the uri potocol exposed first.  After that, if this
> resolved as external, the gnome registry is used (if avaiable).
> The .app setup is only try if the gnome registry fails.

Not true in my tests.  The protocol handler app defined in the config
takes precedence.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org