is ports INDEX in CVS out of sync??

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Tue Feb 22 03:08:21 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 12:51:32PM +0200, Lauri J J?rvenp?? wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I do daily ports cvsup from cvsupX.freebsd.org (and make fetchindex,
> because make index takes way too much time).
>
> I got curious because there has not been any updates to my ports in a week,
> and I have quite a many of them installed. When I did make index,
> portversion -l "<" revealed there were many updated ports. But when I did
> make fetchindex again, these updated ports were not shown anymore.

See this email earlier:

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:19:45 -0800
From: Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>
To: epilogue <epilogue at allstream.net>
Cc: freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: disagreement between pkg_version and portversion

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Tue Feb 22 22:07:40 2005) --]
/usr/local/bin/gpg: not found
[-- End of PGP output --]

[-- The following data is signed --]

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 05:53:53PM -0500, epilogue wrote:
> hello all,
>
> over the last week, i've noticed that there is a growing difference
> between the output of the commands below.  at first, i suspected that it
> was just some Makefile or (downloaded) INDEX entry that went slightly
> astray and would be sorted out within a few days, but i'm no longer
> sure.
>
> (again, i use make fetchindex, not a local build of INDEX.  this INDEX
> was most recently downloaded one hour ago.)

The fetchindex version of INDEX is currently not being updated because
the machine stopped running cvsup and the admin hasn't been responsive
about fixing it.  Sorry, I'll try to move it to another machine.

Kris

Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/