ports/74637 (new port: news/klibido) -- Will this ever be committed?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Feb 17 17:33:40 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:

> Come on, folks!  There's no good reason why this port shouldn't have
> been committed by now.

You mean other than a shortage of volunteers with respect to the number
of incoming PRs per day (about 40 for all parts of FreeBSD) and an
existing backlog of 187 other new-port PRs? :-/

I appreciate your frustration, but this post doesn't really help any
of us volunteers feel like the work we do is sufficiently appreciated.
Since no one (AFAIK) gets paid to work on ports, this is really all we
have to go on to keep us motivated (other than that "good warm feeling
of a job well done".)

Please keep in mind that there are many of us who would rather see
the ports PR count at 0 rather than 933, but right now as a group,
we're only able to close them just about as fast as they come in.

mcl