Guestion about base

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Feb 15 10:24:16 PST 2005

I worked on a new port submission for security/base, which is a replacement
for security/acid.  It's since been handed off to someone who had actually
submitted a port before I did.

Yesterday I noticed that there were two base-*.tar.gz files in
/usr/ports/distfiles on the machine I used for development:

base-1.0.1.tar.gz is the distro for the base I was working on.
base-2.3.0.tar.gz is the distro for devel/p5-base.

If security/base gets accepted in the ports tree, is this going to create a
potential conflict with devel/p5-base?  What would happen if both distros
had the save major and minor version numbers?  Would one get renamed?  Or
would it stomp all over the other one?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas