Unmaintained ports [was: Re: Unmaintained ports with fetch errors]

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Mon Feb 14 13:21:56 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:59:28 -0600 (CST)
Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> wrote:

> Following up to my own post, the _truly_ brave can use portsmon to
> show the status of all 3,533 (!) unmaintained ports via:
>
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portsconcordanceformaintainer.py?maintainer=ports%40FreeBSD.org

Excellent tool. I'm surprised some software I use daily is unmaintained.
Some of those ports are not likely to change, but I'm going to pick some
just to make sure I can keep using them.

- archivers/xpk

I did the original port and still use it sometimes to unpack my old
collection of Amiga mods.

- audio/bmp-songchange

I could pick this one since I also maintain beep.

- emulators/gxmame

Been intending to do some heavy patching on this to make it work with
recent xmame versions.

- games/lbreakout
- games/lbreakout2

Those 2 rock :)

- graphics/xv

Pick this one too if nobody else is interested, I still use it.

I'd like to pick those, tell me if I have to send-pr a request for
maintainership.

Cheers,
--
Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>