Intel compiler build problems

Fri Feb 11 02:33:45 PST 2005

Quincey Koziol <koziol at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>     Yes, that did it, thanks!  BTW, is there any progress on getting the
> stlport-icc working, so the C++ compiler is useful?  (I'm using 4_STABLE,
if
> that matters).

No. I haven't had enough time to look at it, and Marius seems to be busy with
something else.

>     Also, has anyone tried using the VTune profiler under FreeBSD?

It needs a kernel module. Intel provides a GPLed one for Linux, but this
isn't an option. Somebody needs to take it, understand what it does, and
write a completely new one (BSD licensed) for FreeBSD. Some people looked at
it the first time vtune for linux appeared, but I was told it was too linux
specific for a quick and dirty adoption.

Bye,
Alexander.

The best laid plans of mice and men are held up in the legal department.