FreeBSD Port: mysql323-server-3.23.58_3

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Thu Feb 10 06:29:59 PST 2005

Hello,

the FreeBSD-port of mysql323-server still has some vulnerabilties (I
asked about this a month ago).
Mysql 3.23.59 is still not released, though the release-notes on the web
mention it already: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/news-3-23-59.html
Is there a timeframe when this will be available ?

What's the status of the port from a FreeBSD standpoint ?
Will it be fixed or must I wait for 3.23.59 to surface and then that
gets commited ?

ATM, I haven't upgraded mysql to the _3-port-version either, because I
hope the bug with libwrap prevents some of the remaining bugs to be
exploited ;-)

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~