New port questions

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Wed Feb 9 10:06:42 PST 2005

On February 9, 2005 09:31 am, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I'm creating a new port - security/barnyard.  I *thought* I had it
> working right, and all of a sudden it's broken.  Turns out some
> changes have apparently been made to the configure.in script that
> break the build.

> See this webpage for the gory details:
> <http://www.mcabee.org/lists/snort-users/May-04/msg00142.html>

> Here's my problem.  Not only do I have to remove the two offending
> lines in the configure.in file, which I should be able to do with sed
> (haven't tested it yet though), or can I do this: "LDFLAGS-=      -lz
> -lssl"?

Why not just create a patch file that removes those two lines, and stick
that in the port's files/ directory.  Then the port framework will do
all the work for you.  I've used this on the www/dansguardian ports
without any problems.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca