We need new feature for pkg_create?

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Mon Feb 7 04:54:03 PST 2005

Boris Kovalenko wrote:

> Hello!
>
>     I'm net/quagga port maintainer. My port is installing some scripts
> to /etc/rc.d. I know, this is bad, but I really need rcorder to be
> applied to my scripts. So, to install scripts, I use next trick:
>
> @cwd %%RC_DIR%%
> quagga%%RC_SUFX%%
> watchquagga%%RC_SUFX%%
> @cwd %%CWD_TRICK%%
>
> where %%RC_DR%% is set to /etc/rc.d and %%CWD_TRICK%% is set to
> ${PREFIX}. In most cases this works well, but not in case when pkg_add
> is used with -p option. So, the question is - may be we really need new
> feature for pkg_create like @pushwd and @popwd? So, the trick will look
> like
>
> @pushwd
> @cwd %%RC_DIR%%
> quagga%%RC_SUFX%%
> watchquagga%%RC_SUFX%%
> @popwd
>
> So all will be happy and pkg_add -p will work too. Any comments?

	Krion just committed a new bsd.port.mk containing some features
	to handle rcNG scripts installation but unfortunately, I was
	completely unaware of rcorder stuff at the time I wrote the
	patch.

	I'll try to write a new patch to take this rcorder problem
	in consideration soon. In the meantime, I think you can do
	without this @pushwd/@popwd just putting your rcNG scripts
	at the end of pkg-plist, and then you would need only something
	like (replacing %%CWD%% with "" or "@comment ") :

	[...]
	%%CWD%%@cwd %%RC_DIR%%
	quagga%%RC_SUFX%%