[HEADS UP] PostgreSQL ports split into -server & -client

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Feb 3 06:52:48 PST 2005

On Jan 30, 2005, at 8:17 PM, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> Welcome the PostgreSQL New Order!
>
> Big changes have been made to the PostgreSQL ports. The ports are all
> split into -server & -client parts. Hence, you can select a client
> only install on machines that don't run a database server locally.

The update to Postgres 7.4.7 seems to have undone the startup script.
It reverted to 010.pgsql.sh with the old style config.  Haven't yet
checked the disposition of the daily periodic script.  Yesterday I had
removed and re-installed the "new style" Postgres port which was
nice...  today it seems to be partially back to the old way :-(

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806