Problems with OpenOffice compile after upgrade from 5.2.1 to 5.3

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Feb 1 07:53:30 PST 2005

The patch to use the system compiler (created by Gentoo for an earlier release
and adapted by me to 1.1.4) was submitted to the OpenOffice port maintainer
over three weeks ago -- before the port was upgraded to 1.1.4. The patch also
included fixes to make the port use independently installed STL and other
components currently bundled with the OOo.

Unfortunately, the team-leader's attitude is that the a port should not change
any aspects (however wrong) of the ported software. According to him, "gcc
will always have regressions" and thus it is somehow better to stick to the
old version of it.

I will, hopefully, commit something like openoffice-1.1-clean soon.

	-mi