INDEX breakage

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Tue Feb 1 04:55:10 PST 2005

--On måndag, januari 31, 2005 13.32.12 +0100 Erwin Lansing
<erwin at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 01:27:16PM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>> I honestly don't believe this. Did you really upgrade everything? Seems
>> like you have an old Mk/bsd.ports.mk?
>>
> The ports mentioned by Mark still include direct references to the
> postgresql-ports instead of using USE_PGSQL. Luckily, they use ports
> that still exist while the two I fixed used older ports. INDEX now
> builds fine, but I still think those ports need to be fixed.

No, this is incorrect, actually. Those ports require a postgresql-server
port (as opposed to -client). Not many ports do, and they sometimes use
unorthodox tweaks, so I decided there's no point in having a
USE_PGSQL_SERVER knob. Those ports are correct, and they are updated to
reflect the behaviour of the New PostgreSQL Order.

The index breakage must be because some other reason, something that's
changed locally.

Regards,
Palle