Need testers: modifying ports so dependencies are automatically updated at make install time

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 12:09:41 PST 2005

I put together a PR that modifies a port so that when:

make  or make install

is run, if any of the ports dependencies are out of date
they are updated first before installing the port.  Another
benefit is less drive space is used because after each dependency
is built and installed it is cleaned, where as now all dependencies
are cleaned in one shot after a port is built.  The port comitters
do not want to put this into the system or even consider the idea
until users have had a chance to test the idea and suggested I
post it here.  The PR with the patch is here:

Instructions on how to apply it are in the PR but if you need help
please send me a note.   I am most grateful for anyone willing to
take the time to test this out, thanks!

-Mike