FreeBSD Port: simscan, qmail ports

Anton A. Karpov toxa at toxahost.ru
Tue Dec 27 03:30:39 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 02:18:53AM +0200, Jan-Erik Moon wrote:
> Hi,

> This is a combined request.

> Please upgrade the simscan port to 1.2 and add the possiblity to compile
> simscan with "--enable-custom-reject" switch. This allows users to get much
> more information about why their message was rejected (in case a seemingly
> good mail is rejected for some reason).

> Custom error feature is described in Simscan Wiki.
> http://qmailwiki.inter7.com/Simscan/Guide#Custom_Reject_Option

> This also needs a patch (qmail-queue-custom-error.patch) to be applied to
> qmail source. The default version of this patch comes with simscan and is
> located in "contrib" directory. Unfortunately the default version is not
> compatible with QMAILQUEUE patch which means that a combined patch must be
> applied if both patches are needed.

> The qmail.c, patched with both QMAILQUEUE and custom error patches, can be
> found here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.qmail.simscan/1395

> More about this issue:
> http://qmailwiki.inter7.com/Simscan/Related_Docs/Simscan_ClamAV_Chkuser_Installation_Guide#Applying_qmail-queue-custom-error.patch

> I know that this is a bit complicated request but when it's done, it will
> add a great value to these two ports.

Ok, I'm planning to upgrade simscan to 1.2 but only then it will become
a release. For now, inter7.com page claims that it's just a "new test
version of the upcoming 1.2 release". I don't want to put test versions
into fbsd ports tree :)
"--enable-custom-reject" is a cool feature but unfortunately it depends
on qmail port need to be patched with qmail-queue-custom-error.patch. If
garga@ will add this patch into qmail port, simscan port can be compiled with
such option.

--
Anton A. Karpov