nvidia-driver v8174 - DGA missing (cont'd)

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd.ports at melvyn.homeunix.org
Sun Dec 18 15:31:48 PST 2005

On Sunday 18 December 2005 00:07, Martin wrote:
> Hi (again),
>
> Someone (off-list) suggested to install the nvidia-driver as it
> comes from NVidia (e.a. without using ports). It does not work,
> either.
>
> Here the exact messages:
>  > xawtv -device /dev/bktr0
>
> This is xawtv-3.95, running on FreeBSD/i386 (6.0-RELEASE)
> X Error of failed request:  XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode
>    Major opcode of failed request:  136 (XFree86-DGA)
>    Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (XF86DGAGetVideoLL)
>    Serial number of failed request:  65
>    Current serial number in output stream:  65

Someone here with the same problem:
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37577

After a cvsup/buildworld. I don't use dga myself, but I did upgrade my nvidia
driver without problems, using nvidia agp btw.
As per port indications I did recompile nvidia-driver after recompiling the
kernel. However, I have the same problem:
dga
X Error of failed request:  XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (XFree86-DGA)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (XF86DGAGetVideoLL)
  Serial number of failed request:  13

Never tested this before, so I have no idea whether this can be attributed to
the driver or FreeBSD.

Going to recompile xorg-clients and see what gives.
--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.ports at melvyn.homeunix.org

FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE