Conflicting rc.d script and port dist directory

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 13:05:51 PST 2005

On 12/17/05, Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 09:13:59PM +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> > Simon L. Nielsen pí?e v so 17. 12. 2005 v 21:10 +0100:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I'm in the process of adding an rc.d script to the security/isakmpd
> > > port, but I have run into a problem.
> > >
> > > I have added "USE_RC_SUBR= isakmpd" to the port Makefile and created
> > > the rc.d script as files/isakmpd.in.
> > >
> > > The isakmpd distfile extracts the source to isakmpd/ in the the work
> > > directory, which the conflicts with the rc.d script generation
> > > (SUB_FILES), since it tries to create ${WRKDIR}/${file} as a file.
> > > This shows up during make install:
> > >
> > > [simon at zaphod:isakmpd] sudo make install
> > > ===>  Installing for isakmpd-20041207_1
> > > cannot create /data/tmp/porttmp/home/simon/FreeBSD/ports/isakmpd/work/isakmpd: Is a directory
> > > *** Error code 2
> > >
> > > So, does anybody have good (and hopefully not to hackish) ideas of
> > > what to do?
> >
> > Yes. Name the script isakmpd.sh.in ...
> >
> > The framework will add the .sh suffix anyway.
>
> That would be a hack since we don't want to continue adding .sh...

I don't see this as a hack. Any rc.d script placed in ${WORK}
directory should have the .sh extention to avoid conflicts with
similar named directories.  When the port installs the rc.d script, it
should check OSVERSION to determine if the script should be
installed/not-installed with the .sh suffix.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.