Firefox 1.0 port

Beecher Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:14:17 PST 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 06:59 am, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> On Thursday 15 December 2005 16:03, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> > Flash7 is deactivated by default anyway. Flash6 was working fine before
> > the upgrade. Surprisingly the old Java build still works as a Firefox
> > plugin. Unlike anything else that used to workl like Acroread or
> > RealPlayer.
>
> Anything plugger- related is still working for me, allthough unpredictably
> and not in the designated pluginspace in the document (can be my default
> config as I didn't do any configuration of plugger yet).
> Does the old java build really work, or just work for very casual things,
> like image mouseovers (I had some weird mouseover flickering with those as
> well). I don't really work with java-applets, so have no idea. Just wanted
> to see if I could get runescape working.
>
> All in all, this doesn't make firefox-1.5x very stable when plugin behavior
> is undefined.

Here's what I did to get the acroread plugin working:

## Workaround for broken port linuxpluginwrapper.

## Before building linuxpluginwrapper:

rm -R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins

ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins

## Build linuxpluginwrapper:

cd /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper

make -DWITH_PLUGINS install clean

## or upgrade:

portupgrade -vm -DWITH_PLUGINS linuxpluginwrapper

## Remove symlink (Will break Mozilla).

rm -rf /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins

## Fix acroread:

rm -rf /usr/local/bin/acroread	# If upgrade.

mv  /usr/local/bin/acroread7  /usr/local/bin/acroread

rm -rf /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nppdf.so

ln
-s  /usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/nppdf.so

## Change path to nppdf.so in /etc/libmap.conf:

# Acrobat7 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
[/usr/local/lib/acroread/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so]
libc.so.6			pluginwrapper/acrobat.so

## Acroread now works properly in browser.
## Helix plugin does not work with Firefox or Mozilla at this time.
## Flash 6.0 works without modification.
## Flash7 is VERY unstable and will crash Firefox (possibly Mozilla).

## Launch browser and type "about:plugins" without the quotes to check that
plugins are enabled.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://akparadise.byethost33.com