Moving samba ports

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at gnu.org
Tue Dec 13 17:37:20 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:18:08AM +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:

> El Domingo, 20 de Noviembre de 2005 15:18, Dennis Olvany escribi?:
> > This package should depend on samba3, I think. Getting samba2 to work
> > with cups is problematic at best. Samba3 is a breeze... a walk in the
> > park... i.e. It actually works. Samba2 does not seems to work with a
> > cups url like smb://guest@server/printer.
> >
> I think we must now move
>
> net/samba	->	net/samba2

That could make things more clear, agree.

> net/samba3	->	net/samba

No, that has no use. I have samba4 in my tree and hope it'll hit ports a bit
later, so I'd preffer to stick to numbered versions of ports. Well, another
question is that samba4 maybe called samba4-devel meanwhile... But not sure.

> Or make net/samba3 the default samba port in all dependencies

Agree on that, dunno why it's not default yet ;)

With best regards,
Timur Bakeyev.