FreeBSD Port: tripwire-2.3.1.2_5

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Sun Dec 11 09:01:00 PST 2005

In message <52B2AF27-7991-4970-9A95-E627816445C7 at mac.com>, Bret Walker
writes:
> Is Tripwire 2.3.1.2_5 known to install from ports on a FreeBSD 6.0
> Current box?

6.0-CURRENT is pretty old. I suggest you upgrade to 6.0-STABLE, unless you
are really talking about 6.0-STABLE.

> uname -a:
> FreeBSD xxx.xxxx.xxx.edu 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Fri Dec
> 9 14:50:07 CST 2005     root at stream.medill.northwestern.edu:/usr/obj/
> usr/src/sys/DARKPOSSUM  i386
>
> error:
>
> Checking for programs specified in install configuration file....
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail exists.  Continuing installation.
>
> /usr/bin/vi exists.  Continuing installation.

> Verifying existence of binaries...
>
> ./bin/i386-unknown-freebsd_r/siggen missing.  Build did not complete
> successfully.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/tripwire.

Sorry for the late reply, just back from our honeymoon (wife is sleeping
and I am having my coffee in front of a computer before going to the gym --
gotta shed some of those pounds I put on last week).

The tripwire 2.3.2-2 port has been built and tested locally on 4.11-STABLE,
5.4-STABLE, and 6.0-STABLE. I do not know if it compiles under 7.0-CURRENT.
When I get a chance before Christmas I will see if I can get it to compile
under 7.0-CURRENT. My 4.11, 5.4, and 6.0 systems were CVSupped November 15.

Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>
Web:  http://www.komquats.com and http://www.bcbodybuilder.com
FreeBSD UNIX:  <cy at FreeBSD.org>   Web:  http://www.FreeBSD.org
BC Government:  <Cy.Schubert at gov.bc.ca>

    "Lift long enough and I believe arrogance is replaced by
    humility and fear by courage and selfishness by generosity
    and rudeness by compassion and caring."
        -- Dave Draper