net/tramp

Rommel Martinez ebzzry at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:34:21 PST 2005

I just would like to inform you, as advised at FreeNode #FreeBSD that
the port net/tramp doesn't work well as expected.

If I open a file under Emacs, say /root at localhost:/some/file, This
gets displayed in the echo area for a 60 secs, temporarily causing
Emacs to hang:

    Waiting for 60s for local shell to come up...

After around 60 seconds, a new window (Emacs window) pops up, with the
shell prompt in it, and Emacs displays this text in the echo area:

    Couldn't find local shell prompt /bin/sh

-Rommel