xmame distfiles mirroring

Renato Botelho rbgarga at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:19:06 PST 2005

On 12/6/05, Miguel Mendez <mmendez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:23:52 -0500
> Charles Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the FreeBSD FTP servers already act as a mirror of last resort:
>
> Yes, you're right, I'm not sure whether that's automagic though. Some
> ports have their MASTERSITES pointing to a committer ftp/http space, so
> maybe not all distfiles are automatically mirrored by FreeBSD's
> servers.
>
> > ...but I've got some unused T1 bandwidth available, if you'd like to
> > have another mirror:
> >
> > http://www.pkix.net/mirror/x.mame.net/xmame-0.101.tar.bz2
>
> Thanks, I'm going to upload a copy of the files to my server and will
> add yours as well. We're at 0.102 now btw :)

I committed a change adding Charles' mirror, but I didn't see that
Charles have 0.101 and port has 0.102, so, the mirror is not working,
my fault. =)

Charles, should I maintain the address of your mirror at the port
waiting you add 0.102 version at the same place?

thanks and sorry
--
Renato Botelho
ICQ: 54596223