www/linux-firefox filesystem crash issue

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 22:11:51 PST 2005

On 12/5/05, Travis Poppe <tlp at liquidx.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently switched over to using 'linux-firefox' as my primary browser
> just so everything works, plugin-wise (Java, Flash, and MPlayer Plugin).
> However, I've come across a strange issue that effects both myself and one
> other person using this port.
>
> When you try to do a "Save Target As" or various other things that access the
> filesystem, Firefox freezes up and becomes unresponsive.
>
> Could you look into this?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Travis Poppe
> IRC: tlp @ irc.freenode.net

Thanks, I'm aware of this. It seems that starting linux-firefox
out of your home directory (try "cd / && linux-firefox" for
example) makes the problem go away, but it's just a dirty
workaround.

I'm working on this issue, but I haven't made much progress.
If you find out something, please let me know. You might
want to cc ports at .