Perl script installation

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Sun Dec 4 03:02:37 PST 2005

On Sunday, 2005-12-04 at 01:51:15 -0800, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> I am updating the port for a perl script that depends on
> Time::ParseDate.  When I installed the port for the first time on a
> system, it installed it's dependency first, then successfully installed
> itself.  Though, when I tried to run it, it couldn't find
> Time::ParseDate because that module was installed under the directory
> for 5.8.7, not 5.6.2 which is the version of the standard perl
> executable.  I believe both Time::ParseDate can run under 5.6.2 and
> dirvish can run under 5.8.7 without any problems, but how do I check
> when version I need or force dependencies to be installed for a certain
> system?  Is this just a problem with the system I'm testing on or do I
> need to worry about other people having problems with it?

You should always use the perl version selected by the ports make
environment. That is ${PERL5}. Substitute @@PERL@@ with $(PERL5) in
your shebang line, or something similar.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear     |
| weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest   |