ghostscript afpl/gpl/gnu handling broken (was: Re: Patch for emulators/linux_base-8 (was Re: warning))

Fri Dec 2 15:37:54 GMT 2005

Ulrich Spoerlein <q at galgenberg.net> wrote:

[moving from emulation to ports]

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> >No. It has to do with pkgdep which blindly takes the path/port defined
>> >in the Makefile, even if the binary/lib is coming from a port with a
>> >different origin.
>> >
>> >Most prominent example is ghostscript. If you happen to install
>> >ghostscript-afpl and then install something like epstools, it will
>> >depend on ghostscript-gnu, not -afpl.
>>
>> We have a switch for the ghostscript ports... but I agree with you.
>
> If you're talking about WITH_GHOSTSCRIPT_AFPL, then it's not working as
> you might think.

At least it works for me. ;-)

> % cd /usr/ports/graphics/epstool
> % make -V WITH_GHOSTSCRIPT_AFPL -V RUN_DEPENDS
> true
> gs:/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu
>
> ... reading bsd.port.mk ...
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHH, since when are we checking explicitly for
> defined(foo) && foo == yes? I usually set my vars to "true", not "yes".

Send a PR and tell me about it. If nobody is faster, I will assign it to
portmgr.

> But anyway, the same problem exists with lynx vs lynx-ssl for example.
> And: We have a ghostscript-gpl port too, which isn't even mentioned in
> bsd.port.mk.

Guess what: add the gpl port in the PR too. ;-)

Bye,
Alexander.

Don't mess with Mrs. Murphy!