Ruby 1.8.3?

Robert William Vesterman bob at vesterman.com
Thu Dec 1 05:50:54 GMT 2005

The current latest available port of Ruby seems to be 1.8.2.  Believe it
or not, I actually need some functionality that is new as of 1.8.3.

I've looked on the web to try to find information on this, and found
that, seemingly, 1.8.3 was ported, but there was some confusion
regarding the version number that required it to be rolled back.  I
don't understand the ports system in enough detail to have followed the
conversation well; I think it involved something seemingly
counterintuitive like "1.8.3 is less than 1.8.2_5,1".

I'm wondering if there's any news on when 1.8.3 will be available? Or if
there's any simple way for me to get 1.8.3 up and running other than via
the ports?

Thanks,

Bob Vesterman.