treading, devel/ice and ssl

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Tue Aug 30 22:19:54 GMT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:57:57 +0400 Boris Samorodov wrote:

> I'm testing devel/ice with FreeBSD-5.4 and 6.0-BETA3. On both hosts
> all tests went good without ssl. But if I use protocol = "ssl", tests
> on both hosts hang when shutting down some server prosesses. Openssl
> is from the base system.

Actually, the problem is with devel/ice, ssl _and_ threading. When I
use "threadPerConnection = 1" both hosts pass many tests, but
processes hang:

-----
*** running tests in ./test/IcePack/simple
starting icepack registry... ok
starting server... ok
starting client... ok
testing checked cast... ok
pinging server... ok
shutting down server... ok
shutting down icepack registry... IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
IcePackRegistry: icepackregistry: error: exception in `IcePack.Registry.Internal.ThreadPool':
IcePackRegistry: Network.cpp:263: Ice::SocketException:
IcePackRegistry: socket exception: Invalid argument
ok
-----

<Ctrl>-C did nothing. But killing the process helps.

> Did somebody succeed in testing devel/ice with ssl?
... and threading?

WBR
--
bsam