Upgrade Perl to 5.8.7

Shane Ambler Shane at 007Marketing.com
Mon Aug 29 16:54:07 GMT 2005

Have a look in Appendix A of the handbook for cvsup - you use this to update
your ports directories.
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html>

Once you have updated your ports you will find perl 5.8.7 there.

Sounds like the perl-5.8.7.tbz file is the pre-built package
- try pkg_add perl-5.8.7.tbz
You can find more info on packages in chapter 4.4 at -
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/packages-using.ht
ml>

--

Shane Ambler